Sunday, December 10, 2006

Grooming - Grinding Nails

This evening, Alan and his wife joined me for a short while for the 130th Westminster Dog Show video. It is always nice when they come over to look at my boy and they keep saying Ben looks like Fram boy. I am happy to know about it even I saw Fram twice at Kelvin's place. Fram has a very wonderful looking beard. I dare not comment or accept the compliment lightly, I only keep saying, I try my best... I try my best.

Dremel Nail Grinder - 761-03 Cordless Pet Nail Grooming Kit

More details @ http://www.dremel.com/en-us/tools/kit-detail.htm?H=188091&G=69668&I=69841&KI=69868

We talked a little on SG dog shows, MS grooming, MS showing & handling, owner's care and conditioning the dogs. They offered many tips on grooming and care. I also showed them this Dremel Nail Grinder, I demo to them how I trim off nails without leaving any sharp edges. Most importantly this is done without much stress to the dog and my boy seems to accepting it nicely. Show schnauzers need to keep nails short as part of grooming. The solution is to trim weekly so they never grow too long and resulting in bleeding if we cut into the quick. Stytic Powder should still on standby incase I nick the quick and cause any bleeding.

Ben seems to like Alan alot, I noticed it when at Kelvin's place and I saw it today again. I was surprise to learn about how a dog laugh today. The kind of sound from Ben, I have noticed about it but I did not know that is actually his laughter!